Here are my adorable Easter Cupcakes. These were super easy to make and I think they are just perfect for any Easter party. I started by baking my simple vanilla cupcake; here is the recipe I use:
Simple Vanilla Cupcake
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla
3. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.
I have a convection oven so I only set it to 325 degrees and I bake them about 15 minutes. I also use whole milk; I think it makes them taste the best.
Then I made an easy buttercream icing that I colored with Americolor’s Mint Green or Wilton’s Violet Gel Coloring.
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla. Blend in the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered until ready to decorate
I usually don’t add milk if I am going to add a significant amount of color; I do this so that the consistency stays firm and I can pipe it well.
I then used the Wilton tip #233 to pipe “grass” on the cupcakes or I used Wilton Start tip #2E and I placed Reeses Pieces Eggs on top of both
I couldn't find my #233 tip at the time I took this picture (organization is definitely NOT my strong suit) so I just grabbed this one from Google so you could see it.
Here is a picture of the finished product.
I absolutely love them and I hope you enjoyed reading this! Please comment and/or follow me!
*The recipes on this post came from here